[HCoop-Misc] [HCoop-Discuss] Making a Better Co-op (split from Proportional Representation?)

Steve Taylor staylor at hcoop.net
Tue Mar 4 07:40:06 EST 2008

Adam Chlipala <adamc at hcoop.net> writes:

> Steve Taylor wrote:
>> I take responsibility for it. But I ask this. Why not add
>> .forward-checking code/options into domtool, which error-checks
>> virtual host configuration?
>>

> Because the raw configuration languages of the systems Domtool
> interfaces with are not safe for use shared among mutually-untrusting
> users, but the standard mail filter languages that we support are.

OK, I should have used my working .forward file rather
than the new untested one -- as I rushed out the door. But I was still
doing the wrong thing as I rushed out the door.

When I tried sendmail -bf .forward <MYSAVED_ONMYPC_MESSAGE
I got an error message about no recipient. Would the line-endings have
caused that or how else should I have saved a sample message and
tested it?

>> That one I haven't fully answered. Question: If a
>> member had english-french translation skills (no I
>> don't), is it more beneficial for HCoop for that
>> person to spend, say one hour, translating HCoop
>> wiki pages or learning about and fixing
>> configuration errors he/she has made?
>>

> I don't think it makes sense to translate our wiki pages into other
> languages now.

That was an example. here's the same thing re-stated

If a member already has a non-technical skill
useful to HCOOP, is it more beneficial to HCoop
for that person to spend, say one hour, using his
skill to improve HCoop, or learning about and
fixing configuration errors he/she has made?

>> Does each mailing-list have a separate list of
>> approved addresses?
>>
> Yes.

Thanks. I'll probably add a line about that for
the MemberManual page, ask MWOlson if I should add
it.

I still think I changed an address somewhere
because I was sending with my ISP's from line,
me at ncf.ca, all along. I didn't get a moderator
message when I first posted to hcoop-discuss.

Thanks for the answers - and a better HCoop.

(weather-wise, can I send you the 2 inches of snow
we're getting tomorrow?)

Steve