[HCoop-Misc] google-screen new members?

Franklin Gordon Bynum frank at hcoop.net
Fri Jul 28 16:31:45 EDT 2006

I'm on board with us being different from a plain-vanilla corporate
provider who may turn someone away for an unconscionable reason (e.g.
not having a credit card).

But I'd just like to add to this discussion-- with hopes that this won't
offend anyone-- that I don't want to be sanctimonious at the expense of
our security and trust of other members.

I think we're all reasonable people, who can reasonably interpret as
much information as is brought before us.  I certainly wouldn't
categorically limit the information we can use, unless it is a
"protected" category.  For example, there is absolutely no reason we
should know race, gender, sexual orientation and various other personal
information about someone.  As far as criminal accusations, I think we
can (and *should*) reasonably consider them, as we should all other
relevant information.