[HCoop-Help] Setting DNS records (for DKIM and other things)

almiqui almiqui at hcoop.net
Sun Dec 3 17:27:48 EST 2023

Hi, everyone! I'm using HCoop as the name server for some of my domains.
I think that means I have to use DomTool to set DNS records. I finally
found the dnsText function in the Easy_domain module, but what do I do
with it? If any of you have successfully set up DKIM on an HCoop site
using HCoop name servers, I'd love to see your configuration.

In the past, I've also needed to set CNAME and A records. In these
cases, I'm not even sure which DomTool functions to use. Does dnsAlias
create a CNAME record? It would be nice to have at least an attempt at a
reference for this.

I think I sort of understand the type signatures of some of the DNS
record functions, but I have trouble finding explicit examples of how to
write a valid type value into my DomTool code. The only way I've found
to do it is to sift through the DomTool examples page until I happen to
stumble upon a usage example of a function that takes the same type.

Cheers,

Aaron Fenyes