[HCoop-Help] Why are we getting 403 error code?

Clinton Ebadi clinton at unknownlamer.org
Fri Jan 15 17:32:11 EST 2021

Srikanth Sastry <sastry at hcoop.net> writes:

> The site came back up for me too around noon. I assume Clinton knows more about what exactly happened.

Hey,

Didn't see this was a -help thread and not just in admins; the server
wedged after a network disruption, unfortunately happened twice in a few
days. I had to reboot it both times.

Not clear, but this miiiiiight be related to a new exciting openafs bug:
https://www.openafs.org/dl/openafs/1.8.7/RELNOTES-1.8.7 (wondering if
the entropy got low as it approached the threshold? maybe a coincidence
though).

We'll need to reboot the server (along with the shell and mail servers)
one more time tonight to apply the patch, hopefully smooth sailing again
from there on out.