[HCoop-Help] Web outage?

Clinton Ebadi clinton at unknownlamer.org
Wed Mar 6 00:15:01 EST 2013

Kenneth Pronovici <pronovic at ieee.org> wrote:

>Anyone else seeing an outage to their web host?  Both my
>cedar-solutions.comand
>software.cedar-solutions.com domains don't respond, since at least
>9:30am
>CT (and probably earlier).   As of now, hcoop.net and
>members.hcoop.netrespond, but
>bugzilla.hcoop.net does not.
>*
>*
>KEN

I rebooted Navajos earlier and it was up most of the day. Unfortunately it went down again. I think the cause was Google indexing our gitweb and hitting the blame pages. Turns out doing that on a copy of emacs is too much for Navajos so I flipped the option off.

Hopefully that's it; I will keep monitoring it closely tomorrow. Somewhere on the priority list now is either getting the Apache watchdog back or some kind of load monitoring and alert system.