[HCoop-Help] Migrating a wiki to navajos

Michael Freeman mike.freeman.3832 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 10 17:36:25 EST 2013

On Sun, Feb 10, 2013 at 10:29 AM, Nathan Weston <elbows at hcoop.net> wrote:
> Here's what I've done:
> 1. Followed the migration instructions here:
> http://wiki.hcoop.net/MemberManual/WebApplications/MoinMoin#Moin_1.7.x
>
> The configuration for navajos looks like this:
>
> dom "cfoboard.hcoop.net" with
>    web "www" with
>      serverAliasHost "cfoboard.hcoop.net";
>      addMoinMoin where
>        Script = home "cfoboard-wiki-19/moin.cgi";
>        Htdocs = moin_default_htdocs;
>        Prefix = "/";
>      end;
>    end;
> end;

I don't think that will work.  As I understand it (and I could be
completely wrong):

The domtool function addMoinMoin contains: ( alias htdocs
"/usr/share/moin/htdocs"; ) which kinda hard-codes where htdocs gets
pointed to.

Inside your domtool configuration file, all you're telling it is what
your wiki calls Htdocs (note the case of the "H"), and most likely
that's "/moin".

When you run domtool, it sets "htdocs <- Htdocs".  In apache-speak, it
does: ( "alias Htdocs htdocs" ).

That *should* end up being: ( alias "/moin" "/usr/share/moin/htdocs"
).  But what you have in that configuration will (if I'm correct) end
up doing: ( alias "moin_default_htdocs" "/usr/share/moin/htdocs" ).

So, I'm guessing your wiki is trying to use "/moin" to reference the
static docs, but your domain doesn't have anything aliased for that,
so nothing ever happens.

Check the apache error file (somewhere under ~/.logs/apache/navajos/)
for complaints about a missing "/moin".  If that's what it's
complaining about, try changing the navajos domtool configuration to
include ( Htdocs = "/moin"; ).

Mike

--
Michael J. Freeman