[HCoop-Help] domtool help?

Clinton Ebadi clinton at unknownlamer.org
Fri Jan 28 19:10:34 EST 2011

Lauren McNees <lauren at hcoop.net> writes:

> Does anyone know how you know if domtool had been run successfully?
> Whenever I run the command it never comes back with a prompt (I waited
> for over 2 hours earlier today), and then I have to close the putty
> session and start over. In some cases I believe its running the
> command because my changes are displayed but other times I don't
> know... and since I suck at domtool its taking me many many tries to
> figure out how to get it to work for my new wordpress site. I hate
> asking for help if I can figure it out on my own, but this is taking
> forever and its frustrating.

Something happened with domtool-slave on our secondary nameserver (lost
tokens, i.e. time to cuddle up next to the fireplace with Kerberos for
me because something is different between the old install and the new
one).

I restarted all of the domtool processes and re-ran domtool on your
config as your user and everything works.

FWIW if domtool succeeds it prints "Configuration succeeded."

Sorry for the downtime / thanks for noticing this.

--
thehurdguy: LOL you'll end up being like that urban myth
thehurdguy: the guy that thinks he's orange juice