[HCoop-Help] is domtool working?

Adam Chlipala adam at chlipala.net
Thu Sep 30 15:51:55 EDT 2010

Peter Gammie wrote:
> Hope I got the right list.

It seems to me like a fine place to ask.

> I just changed the config for my domain in ~peteg/.domtool/peteg.org and ran domtool:
>
> peteg at mire:~/.domtool$ domtool
> Configuration succeeded.
>
> The output of 'domtool-admin describe peteg.org' is unchanged, however, even after 30 minutes or so. If you want to check for something, note the basic authentication changed from something mentioning flan to something mentioning nic.
>
> Also I got the impression that AFS is a bit flakey while I was making these changes - my homedir was read-only for a while, and I got the '?'s of death in the output of ls. Seems OK now, but perhaps it isn't from domtool's POV.
>
> Can anyone tell me what's going on?

 From the rest of this list thread, it doesn't look like your original
concern has necessarily been addressed.  Unfortunately, we don't seem to
have anyone doing Domtool support anymore.  More than a year ago, I
announced that I was no longer interested in doing this, but no one has
yet stepped up in practice.  I'm not willing to be held hostage by my
own willingness to chip in, so I'm not going to answer any more support
queries directly.  I'll wait until there's someone else taking
responsibility, who might ask me questions if he gets stuck somewhere.