[HCoop-Help] git push

Davor Ocelic docelic at hcoop.net
Sat Sep 25 18:44:40 EDT 2010

On Sat, 25 Sep 2010 18:37:15 -0400
Sean McLaughlin <seanmcl at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I can't figure out how to use ssh:
>
> Here are my steps:
>
> // on hcoop server
> 1) mkdir ~/.hcoop-git/misc
> 2) cd ~/.hcoop-git/misc
> 3) git init --bare
>
> // on local machine
> 4) git clone git://git.hcoop.net/git/seanmcl/misc.git # works, but
> can't push 5) rm -rf misc
> 5) git clone ssh://git.hcoop.net/git/seanmcl/misc.git # fails
> Initialized empty Git repository in /Users/seanmcl/misc/.git/
> Connection closed by 69.90.123.67

The git.hcoop.net thing is for letting your repository be
available for reading, anonymously, to everyone (a public
repository).

But for pushing to it, you use a different url, you
clone it with actual path in your homedir, e.g.:

  git clone ssh://mire.hcoop.net/~seanmcl/.hcoop-git/misc

That's how it's intended to work. (The same way like Github
repositories have git:// for anonymous, and ssh://
for your own privilegedd cloning.)

Cya!
-doc