[HCoop-Help] Database problems?

Richard Darst rkd at hcoop.net
Thu Nov 5 10:08:08 EST 2009

On Thu, Nov 05, 2009 at 02:34:33PM +0100, Lukáš Lalinský wrote:
> Hi, is there a known problem with MySQL databases? For some reason, my
> database "disappeared" earlier today. The account still works (can
> login to the MySQL server), but the database is not there.

Last night (perhaps around ~02:00 to 09:00 UTC) bind went down,
causing DNS to not work for hcoop addresses.  This led to many
problems, in ways which weren't obvious.  Admins (Clinton and bpt in
particular) fixed it soon.  It's working now, but there may be
residual problems.  (We are investigating what made bind go down in
the first place.)

Is the problem still ongoing?  Could it require an application restart
or something?

I don't have databases so I can't check, but I just let a sysadmin
know, and he's looking at it.

Thanks for reporting this,

- Richard