[HCoop-Help] [HCoop-Misc] wordpress install

Davor Ocelic docelic at hcoop.net
Mon Mar 16 11:32:43 EDT 2009

On Mon, 16 Mar 2009 10:59:01 -0400
Adam Chlipala <adamc at hcoop.net> wrote:

> This thread should have been started on hcoop-help, but it's no big
> deal. ;-)  Let's send further replies to that list only.
>
> Arlen Abraham wrote:
> > I'm having trouble installing wordpress.
> >
> > Here is my domtool config file:
> >
> > dom "suckypowers.com" where
> >  DocumentRoot = home "public_html/suckypowers";
> >  WWW = begin
> >   addWordPress "/";
> >  end;
> > with end;
> >
> > I think this is working OK.
> >
> > Here is the error I'm getting:
> >
> > Warning: require_once(./includes/upgrade.php)
> > [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in
> > /afs/hcoop.net/user/a/ar/arlen/public_html/suckypowers/wp-admin/install.php
> > on line 21
> >
> > Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening
> > required './includes/upgrade.php'
> > (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear') in
> > /afs/hcoop.net/user/a/ar/arlen/public_html/suckypowers/wp-admin/install.php
> > on line 21
> >

> The error you're getting when you do what?  Is this a command-line
> program or the output of a web application?

In general, see if all directories on the way to the final directory
(so public_html/, suckypowers/ and wp-admin/) have write permission
for principal "arlen.daemon".

I think that in your error report, it reports the file where the
error happens, but not the file on which it actually had permission
denied.

In any case, after you find the file it wasn't able to write,
check for permissions on all dirs from your home dir up to the
parent dir of the file.

Something like:

fs la DIR1 DIR1/DIR2 DIR1/DIR2/DIR3

Access list for DIR/ is
Normal rights:
  system:administrators rlidwka
  system:anyuser rl
  arlen rlidwka
  arlen.daemon rlidwka

(In this example it's alright, "rlidwk" == write perm).

If you notice one of them doesn't have the write
perm for arlen.daemon, fix it with

fsr sa DIR arlen.daemon write

Then try again and let us know if it doesn't
fix the issue.

Cya,
-doc