[HCoop-Help] domtool SSL error

Adam Chlipala adamc at hcoop.net
Wed Feb 18 17:32:01 EST 2009

rob at hcoop.net wrote:
> I'm getting the following error when I run domtool:
>
> rob at mire:~/.domtool$ domtool
> Configuration failed: OpenSSL error: Can't connect
>
> I didn't see anything in the member manual about this...  What needs to be
> done to fix it?  To any of the admins reading this, I am trying to setup a
> new domain -- configuration is in ~rob/.domtool/backyardbrewers.com

The Domtool server on mire was down.  Apparently someone connected to it
using a weird client (i.e., not one of our Domtool programs) and
triggered an exception which went uncaught and killed the process.  I'll
look into where I need to add an exception handler to prevent that from
happening in the future.  Thanks for the catch, and sorry for the
trouble.  (It should be working now, unless/until someone else sends a
weird packet.)