[HCoop-Help] AFS messup?

Davor Ocelic docelic at hcoop.net
Wed Aug 19 05:28:19 EDT 2009

On Wed, 19 Aug 2009 11:40:17 +0530 (IST)
"Noufal Ibrahim" <noufal at nibrahim.net.in> wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>   I have a couple of directories in my home area that I can't seem to
> access at all. I haven't done anything with it and this just started a
> few hours ago.
>
> drwxr-xr-x  4 nkv nogroup 2048 2008-05-22 10:21 distednet.com
> ?---------  ? ?   ?          ?                ? index.html
> drwxr-xr-x  6 nkv nogroup 2048 2008-07-12 15:15 mindthelanguages
> drwxr-xr-x 15 nkv nogroup 2048 2009-08-11 09:58 nibrahim.net.in
> drwxr-xr-x  6 nkv nogroup 2048 2007-03-01 03:43 scoresofsteel.com
> ?---------  ? ?   ?          ?                ? ss.tbz2
> ?---------  ? ?   ?          ?                ? ss.tracker
> ?---------  ? ?   ?          ?                ? wordlist.txt
>
>   Also, a git repo which I maintain here has become inaccessible.
> There's some file in the objects directory which I can't write to
> anymore.
>
>   Am I doing something wrong here?

Hi,

Well, first of all, if this was a long-running session, maybe your
session ticket/token expired. (You can check this with 'klist -5'
and 'tokens', and if it did, reinitialize it with 'kinit; aklog').

Other than that, if/when this happens, you may run 'fs checks'
and 'fs checkv' to trigger AFS servers and volumes check. The
operations should execute quickly and report no problems.

There's also our secondary Krb server machine, Krunk, that started
having some hardware issues a few days ago (network card I guess),
and as it started creating problems for HCoop services, is on its
way to replacement. I'm not sure whether that does or does not play
a role in the problem you reported.

See if you get any results with klist, kinit and fs commands, and
then we can look further into the issue if needed.

Cya,
-doc