[HCoop-Help] ssh.hcoop.net connection to port 22: refused

Davor Ocelic docelic at hcoop.net
Thu Aug 13 07:24:38 EDT 2009

On Thu, 13 Aug 2009 16:37:24 +0530
Tanveer Singh <tanveer at hcoop.net> wrote:

> From my machine at work I get connection refused.
> However I can connect from other m/c
> Is my IP blocked?
> How do I find out?

Hi,

Connection refused means the packet did not reach
ssh server.

We use that simple denyhosts mechanism, but
I believe even if your IP was listed there, you'd
get some other type of error, not connection refused.

There is also no firewall on HCoop side that would
cause this.

Run ssh -vvv to see some more debug information,
but I suspect the issue is somewhere within your
network at work.

You can use our https:// ssh client if nothing
else works. (I forgot the url, someone can remind
me what is it?)

Thanks,
-doc