[HCoop-Help] IP Address Cost/Availability

Adam Chlipala adamc at hcoop.net
Fri Apr 10 17:52:21 EDT 2009

Michal wrote:
> I am hoping to have https for two domains, and so would need two IP
> addresses for this. Looking at http://wiki.hcoop.net/IpAddresses it
> looks like there are 6 IP addresses left...
>
> Can I ask what sort of costs HCoop incurrs for the IP addresses?
> Should I pledge more if I would like IP addresses? I'm not really sure
> what's appropriate...

We ask our colo provider for more and we get some... or that's how it
worked the one or two times we did it so far.  They don't charge us
anything yet.  If they did start charging us, we'd probably divide
whatever they ask us to pay among those members using the addresses.

For now, don't worry about requesting 2 if you want 2.  There would be a
further announcement before you'd need to pay any extra fee.