[HCoop-Help] Own Daemon: Restart with Server Restart

Michal Charemza michalcharemza at gmail.com
Fri Apr 10 11:54:08 EDT 2009

On 10 Apr 2009, at 16:30, Davor Ocelic wrote:
> Don't know. Checking Apache every 5 minutes for users' custom
> daemons is, in my opinion, way too often.
>
> I use 5 hours for my custom daemon.

I guess the script is very lightweight: it just checks the pid file
and process. I would guess that even something like a single webpage
request with a few css/script files would place more load on the
server...?

So at the moment my crontab is:

JABBER = k5start -qtU -f /etc/keytabs/user.daemon/michal -- /afs/
hcoop.net/user/m/mi/michal/bin/jabberd_daemon
@reboot        $JABBER
0-59/5 * * * * $JABBER

But I might decrease the frequency of checks as you suggest.

Thanks the info,

Michal.