[HCoop-Help] Domtool redirect: with www to without www keeping file path

John T. Settino john at johnsettino.com
Thu Apr 9 14:31:25 EDT 2009

> On Thu, 9 Apr 2009 18:32:10 +0100
> Michal Charemza <michalcharemza at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> > P.S.: Every time I have to write an example, I get a little irate,
>> > because Domtool has a type system, such that the type of each
>> > directive
>> > tells you exactly how you can use it.  If you want to save
>> > everyone some
>> > time, you can read the Domtool docs further to learn to read types.
>>

>> I will have a further look. I have a bit already, but I have to say
>> I am completely lost. I will persevere though.
>
> Yeah, Adam, while letting people know of the Domtool type listing
> page is sure alright, keep in mind that it's not as easy to draw
> value from it as you might think.

+1

IMO it was easier to learn to configure Apache than it was to configure a
domain with DomTool(2), when all DomTool is doing is configuring Apache.
For those of us with dayjobs programming in non-type based languages, this
is a step backwards. But, as I've been told before, because I don't
understand type-based languages, I'm not the type of user HCOOP caters to,
though for some reason I'm still member. How bout that.

For those who do enjoy/understand type-based systems, DomTool2 is probably
a breeze, but for those of us who have no interest, it is a huge pain in
the ass to have to research documentation to do simple things.

FWIW, I'm doing something very similar to Michal on another server with
just a simple line in an .htaccess.

--
John T. Settino
Linux System Admin /