[HCoop-Help] MySQL/PHP lost ability to connect in the last 24 hours

C. Howell caden at hcoop.net
Mon Sep 29 13:03:09 EDT 2008

Again, I haven't changed anything, but it is working again.  Here's
the MySQL I use-- connect with (username, password, host) and select
database separately.

$local_status = mysql_connect("mysql","myusername","mysecretpassword");
if ($local_status > 0)
{
   if (mysql_select_db("caden_samples") == false)
   {
      $local_error_code = "DATABASE";
      $local_error_message = "Unable to select database.";
   }
}

Thanks for writing back.   If there are different settings I should
use to make this connection more resilient, I'd happily use them. :)
Caden