[HCoop-Help] MySQL/PHP lost ability to connect in the last 24 hours

C. Howell caden at hcoop.net
Sat Sep 27 21:54:43 EDT 2008

Hello,

I've made no changes to my portfolio in the last 24 hours, but PHP no
longer connects to MySQL.

I can connect to MySQL from the command line:

caden at mire:~/caden_htdocs$ mysql -hmysql -p
Enter password:
Your MySQL connection id is 2956114

However, when I connect within a PHP page I get:

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Unknown MySQL
server host 'mysql' (2) in
/afs/hcoop.net/user/c/ca/caden/caden_htdocs/cadenhowell.com/samples/index.php
on line 11

Warning: mysql_query() [function.mysql-query]: Can't connect to local
MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2) in
/afs/hcoop.net/user/c/ca/caden/caden_htdocs/cadenhowell.com/samples/index.php
on line 37

Warning: mysql_query() [function.mysql-query]: A link to the server
could not be established in
/afs/hcoop.net/user/c/ca/caden/caden_htdocs/cadenhowell.com/samples/index.php
on line 37

Does anyone have any suggestions?  Has anything related on the server
changed?  Environment variables, network configuration related to
mysql?  My whole portfolio site is database-driven so I'd be grateful
for any tips.

Thanks!

Caden