[HCoop-Help] SVN server instructions

Daniel Verkamp daniel at drv.nu
Sun Sep 14 01:54:41 EDT 2008

On Fri, Sep 5, 2008 at 6:32 AM, Adam Chlipala <adamc at hcoop.net> wrote:
> Daniel Verkamp wrote:
>> I would like to set up an Apache-based (mod_dav_svn) SVN server at
>> HCoop; has anyone else done this already?  I looked on the wiki, but
>> the section on http://wiki.hcoop.net/MemberManual/VersionControl about
>> SVN just says "Write me".  (If somebody can aim me in the right
>> direction, I'm willing to fill this in once it's working...)
>>
>> Do I need to run my own instance of Apache?
>
> Yes.  The relevant module is not secure for multi-user settings, or
> wasn't the last time we evaluated it.

I have now requested and received an IP (so I can use the server via
HTTPS), but I am having difficulty getting the server to run.

In the httpd.conf of my instance of Apache, I have
  Listen 69.90.123.84:443

When attempting to run my httpd, I get an error like:
  (13)Permission denied: make_sock: could not bind to address 69.90.123.84:443

The same error happens if I try port 80.

Do I need to do something in addition to requesting the IP in order to
be able to bind to it?

Thanks,
-- Daniel