[HCoop-Help] proxy / Apache / Zope?

Adam Chlipala adamc at hcoop.net
Fri May 23 11:32:18 EDT 2008

John Sullivan wrote:
> I've found that domtool doesn't seem to know/use Apache's proxy rewrite
> flag.

This is a feature, not a bug.  We can't let members add proxy rewrite
rules indiscriminately, since simple mistakes can lead to infinite
self-querying loops that bring down Apache for everyone.  (This isn't
just a conjectured possibility; it happened before, forcing us to remove
access to "P.")

> I've also messed around with proxyPass to no avail --
> "http://localhost:10080/VirtualHostBase/http/new.jacquelinesullivan.com:80/js/VirtualHostRoot/"
> is not recognized as a proxy_target.

Like most of the custom types in the Domtool library, [proxy_target] has
a conservative check for what should be allowed.  I've expanded the
check so that it should allow the path you want to use.  I've opened a
Bugzilla bug for this with you Cc'd, and we can wrap up any remaining
issues there.