[HCoop-Help] proxy / Apache / Zope?

John Sullivan johnsu01 at hcoop.net
Thu May 22 21:01:01 EDT 2008

Hi Everyone,

I'm new here, and just learning how to use things, with the hopes of
having a Zope/Plone site running. The Zope part is up and running. But
now I'm trying to get the appropriate Apache setup in place, which
normally uses:

RewriteRule ^/(.*)
http://127.0.0.1:8080/VirtualHostBase/http/www.example.com:80/vhm_test/VirtualHostRoot/$1 [L,P]

In experimenting with different things, like:

web "new" with
  rewriteRule "^/(.*)"
  "http://localhost:10080/VirtualHostBase/http/new.jacquelinesullivan.com:80/js/VirtualHostRoot/$1"
  [last];
end;

I've found that domtool doesn't seem to know/use Apache's proxy rewrite
flag. I've also messed around with proxyPass to no avail --
"http://localhost:10080/VirtualHostBase/http/new.jacquelinesullivan.com:80/js/VirtualHostRoot/"
is not recognized as a proxy_target.

http://zope.org/Documentation/Books/ZopeBook/2_6Edition/VirtualHosting.stx
has a little more info on the goal here.

-John Sullivan
-http://wjsullivan.net
-GPG Key: AE8600B6