[HCoop-Help] Spam bounces

Jeremy Penner jeremy at sporktania.com
Wed May 14 17:20:12 EDT 2008

Hi all,
So the other day, some jerk decided that he'd use my email address to
send a bunch of spam to random email addresses.  Well, at least 1,500 of
those addresses thus far don't exist, or are hosted by servers that send
obnoxious "your email has been blocked by our spam filter" messages.
I'm drowning in bounce messages.

Anyone on this list dealt with a similar problem?  Did you just set up
your .forward to file bounces in the bit bucket, or is there perhaps
some standard format to these bounce messages that would allow me to
filter out bounces that are talking about emails sent from SMTP servers
other than the two I always use?

Jeremy