[HCoop-Help] Error message when obtaining kerberos ticket

Peter Gammie peteg42 at gmail.com
Tue May 6 22:57:10 EDT 2008

On 07/05/2008, at 7:59 AM, Srikanth Sastry wrote:

> Hello Everyone,
> I am getting the following error when I try to obtain a kerberos
> ticket:
>
> mentant:~ srikanthsastry$ kinit sastry
> Please enter the password for sastry at HCOOP.NET:
> Kerberos Login Failed: Client not found in Kerberos database
> mentant:~ srikanthsastry$

I get that almost always. As I currently reside in Vietnam I put it
down to one of:

- dodgy routing (I use free Wifi APs)
- firewalling / IP blacklisting somewhere along the chain
- Mac OS X 10.5.2 doing something weird.

Very occasionally it does succeed though.

Sorry not to be of help, just registering an interest in the same
problem...

cheers
peter