[HCoop-Help] Having both https and http enabled

Tanveer Singh tanveer1979 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 1 11:46:55 EST 2008

On Sat, Mar 1, 2008 at 9:46 PM, Adam Chlipala <adamc at hcoop.net> wrote:

>  I recently started going through everyone's Domtool config in
>  alphabetical order, and I haven't reached yours yet.  Here is the basic
>  advice I would have given if I had:
Thats great!

>  You shouldn't use 'nameserver', 'handleMail', or 'defaultAlias'
>  directives unless you have a special reason, and I don't think you do
>  here.  I know there were some bad examples on the FullExamples wiki page
>  that did this, but I've gotten rid of those now.
>
>  The appropriate equivalent refactoring of the configuration you sent is:
>
>  dom "tpu.org" where
>
>   DocumentRoot = home "ihro_html";
>   SSL = use_cert "/etc/apache2/ssl/apache.pem";
>   Mailbox = "default.alias at wherever";
>  with
>   emailAlias "admin" "tanveer";
>   emailAlias "d.s.gill" "someone at wherever";
>
> end;

I am a little confused here What does Mailbox directive mean.
I want all mails addressed to admin go to tanveer, and all mails
addressed to d.s.gill go somewhere, and all default mails to go to
another address. Is that what Mailbox means?

>  > Now this site opens just via https, not via http, so I made these
>  > changes, and now ihro.in reads like this
>  >
>  > dom "ihro.in" where
>  >         DocumentRoot = home "ihro_html";
>  >         SSL = use_cert "/etc/apache2/ssl/apache.pem";
>  >         DefaultAlias = false;
>  > with
>  >         nameserver "ns1.hcoop.net";
>  >         nameserver "ns3.hcoop.net";
>  >         (* email *)
>  >         handleMail;
>  >         emailAlias "admin" "tanveer";
>  >         emailAlias "d.s.gill" "<hidden>";
>  >         defaultAlias "<hidden>";
>  > end;
>  > dom "ihro.in" where
>  >         DocumentRoot = home "ihro_html";
>  >         DefaultAlias = false;
>  > with
>  >          nameserver "ns1.hcoop.net";
>  >          nameserver "ns3.hcoop.net";
>  > end;
>  >

>  This is Bad.  You should only have one block of configuration per
>  domain.  I think you are conflating domain configuration blocks and web
>  virtual host blocks.  A proper final configuration is this:
>
>  dom "tpu.org" where
>   DocumentRoot = home "ihro_html";
>   Mailbox = "default.alias at wherever";
>  with
>   emailAlias "admin" "tanveer";
>   emailAlias "d.s.gill" "someone at wherever";
>
>   vhost "www" where
>
>     SSL = use_cert "/etc/apache2/ssl/apache.pem";
>   with end;
>  end;
>
>  I somewhat arbitrarily chose to get 'dom' to create the non-SSL vhost
>  and do the SSL vhost manually, since this makes the configuration one
>  line shorter, because 'no_ssl' is the default value of 'SSL'.

thanks for this, I will fix config for both my domains