[HCoop-Help] Kerberos & ssh not working

Adam Megacz megacz at hcoop.net
Tue Jun 17 18:13:43 EDT 2008

Dmitriy Morozov <foxcub at hcoop.net> writes:
> debug3: authmethod_lookup gssapi-with-mic
> debug3: remaining preferred: publickey,keyboard-interactive,password
> debug3: authmethod_is_enabled gssapi-with-mic
> debug1: Next authentication method: gssapi-with-mic
> debug1:  Miscellaneous failure (see text)
> unknown mech-code 2529639054 for mech 1 3 6 1 4 1 311 2 2 10
>
> debug2: we sent a gssapi-with-mic packet, wait for reply
> debug1: Delegating credentials
> debug1: Delegating credentials
> debug1: Authentication succeeded (gssapi-with-mic).

So, here's the deal:

  - Your SSH 5.0 client is talking to Mire's SSH 4.3 server.
  - Your client has managed to convince Mire that you are you.

The next step after that is for your client to give your tickets to
mire.  For some reason that is not happening properly.

Unfortunately, SSH 5.0 is not the problem -- I just upgraded my mac to
SSH5 and passwordless login works fine.

So, the next suspect is that there might be something funky about the
way ArchLinux compiles their ssh client.  Could you please try this
again from a non-ArchLinux machine and let us know the results?

  - a