[HCoop-Help] Kerberos & ssh not working

Adam Megacz megacz at hcoop.net
Tue Jun 17 12:33:25 EDT 2008

Vesa Kaihlavirta <vegai at hcoop.net> writes:
> ssh.hcoop.net is the server I should be connecting to, isn't it?

No, you need to use mire.hcoop.net for passwordless login.

Kerberos has a mechanism which is very similar to the way HTTPS
verifies that the hostname you're trying to connect to matches the
server's certificate.  In this case, mire's "certificate" (actually a
keytab) is for mire.hcoop.net, not ssh.hcoop.net.

> But when I connect to mire.hcoop.net, I get a passwordless login
> as I should, but then it seems that all my file permissions are wrong.

Could you be more specific?

After logging in to mire.hcoop.net, please type "klist" and "tokens"
and post the output.

  - a