[HCoop-Discuss] Proposal to change our official IRC presence

keverets keverets at hcoop.net
Wed Jun 16 07:43:27 EDT 2021

On 2021-06-16 07:17, Björn Lindström wrote:
> On 2021-06-16 18:06, keverets wrote:
>> As these actions were taken, it would also be prudent to send out an
>> email announcement for those that weren't lurking in IRC (and are
>> unlikely to check the wiki page).
>
> Yes, I figured we would wait though until the next board meeting and
> send out an announcement including any formal decisions made there. I
> guess it should be due soon anyway?

My concern is that the IRC channel is used by some as adhoc support, and
if they haven't been following along closely it won't be clear now what
happened, as there are still people lurking in the channel. As the core
members have already moved and dropped the old one, waiting for a board
meeting some time in the future leaves a growing gap between the action
and the announcement.

We'll have to be very clear about the new location of the board meeting,
too.