[HCoop-Discuss] Spam Filter Performance Should Increase Soon

Clinton Ebadi clinton at unknownlamer.org
Wed Feb 12 16:00:24 EST 2020

Greetings,

You may have noticed spam filtering performance being a bit off
lately... thanks to a snafu with my mail client, I missed the last year
of emails where sa-update complained nightly about not being able to
download ruleset updates, since the debian-spamd user was blocked from
making any outgoing http connections.

This morning Gnus decided I should finally see the latest cron failure
emails, and I've pushed out an update to allow sa-update to download
rulesets. I manually ran the cron and confirmed it works.

So... spam filtering performance should increase a bit immediately,
since we will be receiving regular ruleset updates instead of using the
ancient copy bundled with the package. Sorry about that :-\

I'm going to reconfigure anacron to send mail to log+anacron at hcoop.net
going forward (where it should have been going in the first place), and
have re-subscribed the other admins to the old logs@ alias now that it
isn't getting hammered with hundreds of useless messages per day, so a
situation like this where an important failure is ignored for an
extended period should not occur again.

--
                         Ruled by the ebb of my oceans
                        Slaves to the dusk and the dawn