[HCoop-Discuss] HCoop -discuss mailing list & financial reserve policy

Kenneth Pronovici pronovic at hcoop.net
Sun Aug 16 16:53:23 EDT 2020

Hi,

The HCoop board would like to invite all members to join the
hcoop-discuss mailing list.   This mailing list has very few members,
because the mechanism used to join the list was not working properly
for a while.  The -discuss mailing list is the place for us to have
discussions that are important to the co-op as a whole.  We hope you
will consider joining the list to be part of these discussions.   To
join, go to the portal preferences page, check the checkbox for
"Include me on the hcoop-discuss mailing list" and then save your
preferences.

https://members.hcoop.net/portal/pref

For the first time in a long while, co-op has money available in
excess of what is needed to pay expenses, and we want to make sure
that the membership is in agreement with the board about how to best
use these funds.   At last week's board meeting, the board recommended
a financial reserve policy to the members.  Our intent is to formally
adopt this policy at the next quarterly board meeting, after taking
feedback.  The following 3 wiki articles were updated in preparation
for this discussion:

https://wiki.hcoop.net/ExpensesPolicy
https://wiki.hcoop.net/FinancialReservePolicy
https://wiki.hcoop.net/HcoopBudget

If you have questions, comments, or concerns about either of these
policies or about the budget, please start a conversation on -discuss.

In Cooperation,

Ken Pronovici, President