[HCoop-Discuss] [HCoop-Announce] Change In Hosting

Cory Francis Myers cfm at panix.com
Tue Feb 6 16:21:43 EST 2018

On Sat, Feb 03, 2018 at 08:00:36PM -0500, clinton at hcoop.net wrote:
> The board will decide whether to make the switch and, if so, to which
> provider in approximately a week. We welcome your feedback, suggestions
> for hosting options, or other strategies, which you can send to
> hcoop-discuss at hcoop.net. In the meantime, options are being priced on a
> wiki page [1].

As a mostly-lurking HCoop member so far, I'm agnostic on the "whether"
decision here.

In terms of "how" and "where"---  You might look into Panix
<http://www.panix.com/v-colo/>.  They're an old-school UNIX shop in New
York; they still run (e.g.) shell and USENET hosts for their own
customers.  What they lack in API and orchestration facilities they make
up for in clue, although admittedly at a premium compared to the big
cloud providers.

Full disclosure:  I was an intern at Panix several years ago.  (I'm now
just a happy customer, both personally and at a previous $dayjob.)

Sincerely,

Cory Myers.