[HCoop-Discuss] Portal and Join Are Being Moved From Deleuze

Clinton Ebadi clinton at unknownlamer.org
Wed Feb 26 02:59:55 EST 2014

Greetings,

I've spent the last week hacking on the portal to extricate it from
deleuze, and it is finally nominally running on navajos:

    https://members3.hcoop.net/portal/portal
    https://join3.hcoop.net/join/join

It looks like almost everything works, so I am aiming to resync the
database with the main portal in a couple of days and then move
everything over. Things known not to work:

 * Changing vmail passwords (until some work is done on domtool, this
   will redirect to https://members-old.hcoop.net running on deleuze)

 * Managing your hcoop list subscriptions (will work again as soon
   Mailman storage is moved to afs). You can still manage them using
   http://lists.hcoop.net.

 * The web bandwidth report/webalizer (both are faked with static copies
   now, pending a fresh installation of webalizer)

Webalizer and bandwidth stats should work again a few days later,
followed by mailman preferences, and then vmail will be ported from
deleuze.

The changes to the portal are being done in the portal3 branch:

    http://git.hcoop.net/?p=hcoop/portal.git;a=log;h=refs/heads/portal3

Enhancements over the current portal include a (mostly) relocatable
build, consolidation of the config between applications, tracking of the
portal's static content, finally upgrading to UTF-8 instead of "SQL
ASCII" for text storage (yep, the portal db is *that* old), support for
the latest SML/NJ, and it's using Postgresql 9.1.

As part of the move, I will be removing references to Google Checkout
and (hopefully) fixing the firewall rules editor.

I also noticed that the portal was never licensed (whoops!). After
contacting Adam (the only other substantial author), I received
permission to license it under the AGPLv3+. Updating the files with
appropriate copyright headers will happen ... later.

--
Ethan: i'm working on myself
Ethan: the self is the most important thing