[HCoop-Discuss] Changes to moinMoin and wordPress actions

Clinton Ebadi clinton at unknownlamer.org
Mon Apr 14 17:01:49 EDT 2014

Ahoy,

Well, one a bit of good news: domtool's moinMoin and wordPress actions
now take a config argument, ala web. For example:

  wordPress "journal" where
    DocumentRoot = home "wp-journal";
    SSL = (use_cert "/etc/apache2/ssl/user/journal.unknownlamer.org.pem");
  with
    startSSLChainFile;
  end;

Previously, there was no "with" block, i.e. you were unable to add any
directives. Most SSL certificates require a ChainFile nowadays to work
universally (especially with lots of old Android devices floating around
that have not had their trust roots updated in years).

I am also spending a lot of time thinking about how the SSL type is used
currently because SSL support is not really using the type system
properly (e.g. authType and sslChainCertificateFile check the ad-hoc
subtype of SSL and skip their actions silently when it is no_ssl). I
think we may need some sort of dependent-subtyping, but I ... never
quite made it that far in my CS education. No time like the present to
learn more type theory, eh?

--
   (1) _Of course_ we made sure it was actually too slow before making
the ugly optimization.