[HCoop-Discuss] New Website!

Clinton Ebadi clinton at unknownlamer.org
Mon Jan 14 14:46:54 EST 2013

Yagnesh Raghava Yakkala <hi at yagnesh.org> writes:

> Hello,
>
> On Jan 14 2013, Clinton Ebadi <clinton at unknownlamer.org> wrote:
>
>> you should opt in to our public member directory / list any sites you are
>> hosting
>
> How to do that.? by sending a pull request.?

https://members.hcoop.net/portal/link

It's hidden in the admittedly disorganized sidebar, under "Your
Account". Making the portal more usable in somewhere on the TODO list
(bpt claims to be preparing to maintain it, at least).

> On related note, I notice that "Find us on Facebook" is prominent on the home
> page, but if you click it, Facebook page is empty. I think we should atleast
> put some info (about?) in there as well.

Thanks for catching that.

No one has control of the page we're linking to now (Adam might, but I
think the person who created the page is long gone). If I could regain
control, I'd want to delegate managing our Social Media presence to
someone else... (I'm bad at it, among other things).

Since the switch to the timeline interface, our page isn't as useful as
it used to be either. Unless folks start tagging HCoop in their posts a
lot, it'll always look kind of barren and ugly since Facebook has
decreed it must be so.

bpt had the idea of linking to a Planet HCoop aggregating the weblogs of
our members instead. This requires the planet to actually be set up
however, and assumes that we still have a few members regularly
weblogging. I think getting one running would take maybe an afternoon of
effort, and if it magically appeared and became active I think would
provide a better way to "get to know our members" than Facebook.

Thoughts on what we should do (everyone)?

--
Mike: I WAS NOT MICROWAVED.