[HCoop-Discuss] Package Installation Requests Work Properly Again

Clinton Ebadi clinton at unknownlamer.org
Sun Jan 6 17:11:49 EST 2013

Greetings,

A member attempted to request a package that exists in Debian squeeze,
but the portal claimed it did not exist. This led to me discovering that
it searches for package existence locally!

I fixed that last night by moving the existence checks into domtool so
requests for packages will work properly again (they "worked"
previously, but only for packages that also existed in etch).

Note that the portal isn't aware of the existence of squeeze-backports,
so it will allow you to request backported packages but the links on the
confirmation page will be broken. It also does not understand multiple
versions of the same package, so requesting a backported package that is
also available in squeeze requires a manual note that you want the
backports version. I added text noting as much on the requests page.

I also fixed a text escaping bug in the security page that was causing
the quote character in firewall requests to lose the entire request.

--
<captain_krunk> ntk is currently using "telnet fyodor 25" to send email