[HCoop-Discuss] ByLaw Amendment

David Kerschner dkerschner at hcoop.net
Tue Dec 3 15:39:42 EST 2013

> Just so that I understand, could you please clarify the following
> sentence?

Sure.

> "It was suggested that we have a discussion about this before calling
> for
> a vote."
>
> This sentence can be read in a number of ways.

Well my intent was only that we do what I have done, start a thread on
this mailing list about it. As for a vote, any memeber of Hcoop may call
a vote which must be announced the the entire membership. There are then
some other rules found in Section 403 of
http://hcoop.net/board/bylaws.html

The vote in question being whether or not to amend said bylaws as I have
suggested.

> I would appreciate some guidance from the board on how they perceive
> the
> situation, before wading in with my two cents.  More context please.

I'm not a board member so I hesitate to respond to this with my
understanding of the exact situation with our current Treasurer other
than to say payments have not been processed and this has caused some
headache for other members of the board and as you may have seen on the
help mailing list for some new members as well.

Cheers,
David