[HCoop-Discuss] Calling all NYC members / Members who may have a peer1 card

Clinton Ebadi clinton at unknownlamer.org
Tue May 8 02:08:36 EDT 2012

Greetings,

rkd has avoided all attempts at contact for several months, and so we
have no physical access to the data center.

We're looking for a volunteer in NYC to be given an access card for the
data center. Responsibilities would include the installation of new
hardware (maybe one visit per year), emergency replacement of failed
hardware (seems like once every 18+ months, but you never know when a
hard drive is going to fail), and being "on call" at pre-agreed times
for maintenance that might cause a machine to be unrebootable remotely.

Being able to hop up at 3 a.m. and head over to the data center to
reboot wedged machines in an absolute emergency would be nice, but is
*certainly* not required -- it costs us around $50 for a technician to
hit a power button, but if you have to you have to. As long as I don't
jinx it, it's been several years since anything like that happened.

Takers?

To any members who happen to have a peer1 card already (we never really
tracked who had cards, I know there were at least 4 issued and that's
about it) -- are any of you still around and willing to be the contact
for data center visits? I'd really prefer someone who already has access
to use it: we have to pay for new cards / at least one other coop member
has definitely met each of the people with cards in the Real World (tm)
(a bit more implicit trust...).

--
"Karen loved animals. Unfortunately the cheetahs betrayed her trust,"
Libot said.