[HCoop-Discuss] Moderating posts by non-members to hcoop-discuss mailing list

srikanth sastry sastry at hcoop.net
Tue Apr 24 10:53:49 EDT 2012

Hi,
I have been moderating the hcoop-discuss mailing list for several
months now. The policy in place is the following: all posts by
non-members are held for moderation. If the post is by someone from
HCoop, then we add the email address to the mailing list and approve
the message; otherwise, we discard the message and the sender.
I have discarded over a hundred messages so far, and approved zero! So
I wonder if there is a point to the policy that requires moderator
intervention despite the moderator having to perform the mechanical
task of simply discarding the messages every time, without exception.
I think we are better off simply setting the mailing list to
discard/bounce messages from non-members.

Any opinions or suggestions?

-srikanth