[HCoop-Discuss] Wiki under attack

Richard Darst rkd at hcoop.net
Sat Apr 23 00:34:45 EDT 2011

On Fri, Apr 22, 2011 at 10:23:31AM -0400, John Sullivan wrote:
> Adam Chlipala <adam at chlipala.net> writes:

> Make editing require an account, or use Moin's text captcha feature
> (where you have to answer simple math questions or what not to save
> edits)?

I set my own moin wiki to use a textcha which is "enter this number
backwards", and it completely removed my spam problem.  I'd highly
prefer this to limiting to members-only.  Of course, if too many sites
do this and spam bots got too smart, we might need to change the
textcha.

Here's the config snippet:

class XXXXX(DefaultConfig):

    textchaQuestions = { }
    for i in range(10,99):
        textchaQuestions["Please enter this number backwards: %d"%i] =
            '%02d'%(i//10 + (i%10)*10)
    textchas = {'en': textchaQuestions}

- Richard