[HCoop-Discuss] Machine reboots Jan 20th

Tanveer Singh tanveer at hcoop.net
Thu Jan 21 23:39:33 EST 2010

On Fri, Jan 22, 2010 at 6:01 AM, Brian Templeton <bpt at hcoop.net> wrote:

> "j.c.hallgren at juno.com" <j.c.hallgren at juno.com> writes:
>
> >>From: Brian Templeton <bpt at hcoop.net>
> >>Another +1 for identi.ca; it's Free Software and can cross-post
> >>to Twitter for people who prefer that. If we used an Identica
> >>group, admins could log in with OpenID, possibly making the
> >>account-maintenance that Srikanth mentioned less annoying.
> >
> > Ok...so it's free...yes...but...dumb question: WHERE would we run it?
> > Given that it needs to be available when our own systems are down or
> > whatever, right? That's why I had suggested using Twitter...now there
> > may be some well known identi.ca setups that we could simply make use
> > of but it was intended to be a run-you-own setup and that wouldn't
> > work in our case.
>
> Identi.ca *is* the "well-known identi.ca setup" we'd be using. (; You
> are thinking of StatusNet (formerly Laconica), the free software behind
> the site.
>
> --
> Inteligenta persono lernas la lingvon Esperanton rapide kaj facile.
> Esperanto estas moderna, kultura lingvo por la mondo. Simpla, fleksebla,
> belsona, Esperanto estas la praktika solvo de la problemo de universala
> interkompreno. Lernu la interlingvon Esperanton! http://lernu.net/
>

> We already have a facebook fan page or something for hcoop, right?
Well I guess many members may not be on facebook.
So what we want is some kind of blog/site etc., hosted on google(blogspot)
or something else entirely, where any member can also holler(Help! Servers
down can't access mail or anything).

for example, when the server went down yesterday, I noticed it immediately,
however, there was nobody whom I could tell as I did not have IRC access.
So identi.co/Twitter etc., where any hcoop member can post an update or
holler, will be great!