[HCoop-Discuss] Clinton's proposed colo quote request

Adam Chlipala adamc at hcoop.net
Wed Sep 9 07:04:31 EDT 2009

I'd like to comment on the material found here:
    http://wiki.hcoop.net/ProspectiveHostsQuoteRequest2009

I prefer Clinton's "alternate draft" to the original.  The meat of it
seems good to me, though I think the first paragraph includes too much
irrelevant information.  The colo provider doesn't care that we're a
non-profit corporation or that we've become dissatisfied with another
provider.  I think these messages should focus on making clear what it
is we're looking for.

Do we want to mention the desirability of KVM services?  With that and
other pieces of infrastructure (network switch, etc.) provided by the
colo company, I really think we could do just fine with only about 4U of
space, as long as we only use beefy servers.