[HCoop-Discuss] When is response time on site going to get any better?

Clinton Ebadi clinton at unknownlamer.org
Sun Oct 11 17:46:13 EDT 2009

Davor Ocelic <docelic at hcoop.net> writes:

> On Wed, 30 Sep 2009 14:56:16 GMT
> "j.c.hallgren at juno.com" <j.c.hallgren at juno.com> wrote:
>
>> Thanks VERY much for the update! I've been reading the various lists
>> but some of the posts have been about technical things that I (being
>> the Windows user) didn't quite follow...and thus (pretty much, I
>> think) my ability to contribute to helping out is limited...so a
>> plain English status update was nice to have.
>
> Hello John and others,
>
> Just a quick update for those who might not be subscribed to
> our technical list, hcoop-sysadmin:
>
> It seems we have found the exact source of the problem, and the
> solution should be applied in a day or two.

docelic performed the changes earlier today and apache has locked up
since then. It turns out it wasn't the afs client causing the problem
(although the afs client changes have reduced load on the fileserver
slightly so they were not made in vain), but rather a bad interaction
between a broken cgi and apache.

We've also moved spam processing onto hopper significantly reducing the
load on deleuze. This has made IMAP at least noticeably faster, and the
updated spamassassin rules seem to have reduced false negatives as a
nice side effect.

Services should all be stable and fast now, but if missed something let
us know.

--
Leebert: You don't listen to music.
Leebert: You listen to the audio equivalent of /dev/urandom