[HCoop-Discuss] Finalizing Hardware Upgrade

Ron Senykoff freat at hcoop.net
Tue Nov 10 09:37:52 EST 2009

Are we building completely redundant systems? If not, then there is
not much point in discussing the possibility of the RAID card failing.
There are many many parts that could fail and cause down time. I would
rather discuss what is best to manage RAID, and for that I am very
much in support of hardware RAID. Hardware RAID should provide us with
faster rebuilds, with less hit on the CPU to keep the array up in
read-only mode during the rebuild. There is also less room for user
error with hardware RAID IMO.

-Ron