[HCoop-Discuss] VPS only looks cheap compared to NYC

Adam Megacz megacz at hcoop.net
Fri May 22 18:16:38 EDT 2009

Adam Chlipala <adamc at hcoop.net> writes:
> What happens if some component of your hosted server fails?  How long
> does it take to get the part replaced, and how much does that cost?

I buy extremely reliable hardware.

In a situation like hcoop's, I would advise having a spare machine
online at all times.

If all that fails, they offer "remote hands" for something like
$50/hour, available 24x7x365.  By the way, this service and pricing is
nothing special -- any reasonable colocation facility should offer
24x7x365 remote hands for approximately this price.  The fact that
Peer1 charges >$150/hour, and is only staffed from 9-5 is completely
absurd.

  - a