[HCoop-Discuss] VPS hosting for HCoop

Michael Potter mpotter at hcoop.net
Tue May 19 22:19:08 EDT 2009

Adam Chlipala wrote:

>> You don't trust people to avoid accepting employment offers for too
>> little pay?

Entry-level admins can be cheap, but as soon as they get at least a
year's worth of experience they will leave for greener pastures. And I
think sometimes people accept low pay and then get upset later, which
affects their productivity. I have seen both of these things happen in
the workplace.

> Is this because you think the owners/employees of a for-profit business
> would be getting "exploited" by us, or do you have some other concern?

In a for-profit, a slice of everything we pay goes into someone's pocket
who is not a worker, an owner or partners or shareholders. That's the
purpose of most businesses, profit. At a place like Tech Co-op, fees are
either going into worker pay or future infrastructure.

Michael