[HCoop-Discuss] On organizing people to get work done

John T. Settino john at johnsettino.com
Thu May 7 18:53:03 EDT 2009

I personally can't say that I would feel it fair to have my dues doubled
and not receive any noticeable upfront benefit.

For example, my only gripe with hcoop is that email is often slow and
boggy. Will doubling my monthly payment magically make email get better?
I doubt it.

I can't necessarily say I'm thrilled with Adam's apparent "I'm okay with
dues being raised so who cares if someone else isn't, they can leave if
they don't like it" attitude about the situation, either.

I've been paying $5 a month or under for over 5 years and I don't feel
like having to move all of my accumulated email / files and setup
everything somewhere else. I run my own webhosting company and could
just as easily keep my email there, but I choose to keep it at HCOOP. So
will I up and leave if dues get doubled? Probably not; I don't like
change and like the way my HCOOP email it setup; but will I be pretty
pissed off about not having a choice? Yes.

--
*John T. Settino*
Web Developer / Technologist for Hire

* Please consider the environment before printing this email. :DGC