[HCoop-Discuss] Reorganizing, people-wise and tech-wise

François-Denis Gonthier neumann at lostwebsite.net
Fri Jun 26 09:42:51 EDT 2009

I'm avoiding answering to everything you said because I don't want to fork
this discussion in several different directions.

> Maybe we could make a poll about these decisions, because just deciding
> on the future of HCoop with >5 people may cause us trouble afterwards.

I think it's indeed awkward that only 2 people have replied to the
original request.

I'm giving my opinion because I think I need to get more involved, but
giving my opinion is the only thing I can really commit to.

> I haven't too, but we could set it up and document our actions in the
> wiki, so we can share the knowledge that we have gained.

I think it would be unwise to go in a direction where no volunteer member
has a certain expertise.  Home networking doesn't have the same
requirements as enterprise network, and that's the quality level we should
strive.

In theory, a network filesystem make sense for us.  I think that the use
of AFS have shown that while network filesystems work, the added
maintenance burden is too high for us to afford.