[HCoop-Discuss] Our ideal architecture?

Ron Senykoff rsenykoff at gmail.com
Wed Jun 3 15:22:42 EDT 2009

On Wed, Jun 3, 2009 at 2:54 PM, Clinton Ebadi <clinton at unknownlamer.org> wrote:
> Would there ever be a reason to run different kernels /on the same
> hardware/?

Let's say you decide it's time to upgrade kernels. Rather than
bringing down the mail server to do so, and hoping all goes well, you
could create a new VM and get everything installed to test. Done
correctly I could see getting the new server ready and simply changing
DNS.

So I guess the simple case is just testing out the new kernel on the
same hardware. Maybe you move some early adopters to the new server
first to test, if all goes well, shift over the whole load and
decommission the old.

-Ron