[HCoop-Discuss] how do I add options to a poll that I have created?

ketti kattlachan at gmail.com
Thu Jul 30 23:08:06 EDT 2009

On Fri, Jul 31, 2009 at 12:15 AM, Adam Megacz<megacz at hcoop.net> wrote:

> So, basically, there is no way to start a poll immediately unless it
> has no options.
>
> The only way for a poll to have options is to have it start tomorrow,
> then add the options between poll-creation-time and poll-start-time.
>
> That is pretty darned counterintuitive.

Yes it is.

Being allowed to add options while the poll is active will possibly
invalidate votes made before the change though. (Adding options before
anyone has voted might be ok, but it would make it a race to finish
creating the poll before anyone votes ^_^)

Preferably adding options should be part of the creation process.

Concrete change proposal:

* In the 'Create a Poll' form, add a field called 'Number of options'.
* Rename the button 'Create' into 'Next' or 'Continue' or similar.
* Add another page (page B) after the button is pressed.
* Display on page B all data that has been entered in the previous from.
* Add fields for the options on page B.
* Add a button called 'Create' on page B.
* Possibly also add a button 'Cancel' on page B, but just walking away
should accomplish the same thing.
* Possibly add buttons to add/remove options on page B.