[HCoop-Discuss] Re: [bkhl] [docelic] [leitgebj] Federal legislation affecting HCoop operations

Nathan Kennedy ntk at hcoop.net
Fri Feb 20 13:52:44 EST 2009

On Fri, 20 Feb 2009 13:42:28 -0500, Adam Chlipala <adamc at hcoop.net> wrote:
> Nathan Kennedy wrote:
>> That said I don't think HCoop should take an official position unless we
>> have near-unanimity on the board and support from the membership.
>
> My position really depends on whether this is really just about DHCP or
> if it encompasses shell server logins.  In the former case, I'm actually
> in favor of this bill.

All right, I'll wait to hear from other directors (and members).  If other
boardmembers have similar reservations or do not feel strongly then I will
abandon the idea of HCoop taking a position on the bill, but I would still
encourage everyone to contact their reps and members of the House and
Senate judiciary committees in their individual capacity.

I think we should all be able to at least agree that if anything, the
language should clearly limit itself to IP allocation logs of commercial
ISPs to rule out other server logs and free wireless public access points,
libraries, and internet kiosks.

-Nathan